There’s been an embarrassing spate of Other Women writing on HuffPo lately. This latest one Mara Gibbs takes the biscuit. If anyone wants a look at the fevered rantings of a mistress, have a gander.
I thought I’d catalog several of her delusions, which I think are common among unrepentant OW.
1. All kibbles are good kibbles. Gibbs doesn’t distinguish between notoriety and fame. Tinfoil hat delusion number one — she thinks Rielle Hunter and Paula Broadwell are attractive (!) and intelligent, and is proud to include herself among their company. Seriously? Rielle Hunter’s hair scrunchies have more intellectual gravitas than Rielle Hunter. And Paula Broadwell looks like central casting for the 1936 Berlin Olympics. Does anyone else look at Paula Broadwell and think of Leni Riefenstahl’s “Triumph of the Will“? The sinewed, unsexy androgyny manufactured as sexy. The cultish militarism. God, Gibbs, if you’re going to admire homewreckers have better taste. Marilyn Monroe at least had tits.
2. I’m not a common bar room slut because it’s a Really Nice Bar. Gibbs would like us all to know that it’s a very upscale bar on the upper East Side — the Carlyle Hotel — where she meets her pedigreed married men. Oh thank God it’s not Jaeger shots at Ike’s poolroom in Pittsburgh. I feel so much better about your adultery now.
3. Anyone who judges her is a Puritan. Hester Prynne and the Scarlet Letter are invoked. Yes, just like Hester she is tragically misunderstood by a unforgiving world. Anyone who fails to appreciate Gibb’s very special relationships and naughty frolics are moralistic, authoritarian buzzkills. Gibbs, people judge you because you suck. You’re indifferent to the harm you’re doing to innocent people — the woman married to that guy you’re fucking. Their kids. They judge you for your narcissistic obliviousness. The Puritans may have gotten a bad rap, but they understood pridefulness and shame. Consider setting a spell in the stockades being pelted with rotten fruit. You might repent.
4. She considers herself an expert on marriage (having never herself been married). Gibbs has this fantasy that her married boyfriends have been faithfully wedded for 20 plus years, but get bored. Then one day they’re dazzled by her in a bar and cast off the shackles of monogamy. It never occurs to this nitwit, picking up men in bars, that this is not their first rodeo. No, she’s special. But she’d like to lecture us all about the perils of sexual boredom we shall all experience in monogamous relationships. Please bitch. Whatever you learned about marriage you heard secondhand from that loser you’re screwing. I’ll file it right there with “My wife doesn’t understand me” and “I’m getting a divorce… really!”
5. She’s the Real Victim here. It’s so hard to find a good person who is single. (Note to Gibbs, the good ones don’t fuck you if they’re married.) Her “boyfriend” breaks up with her because he “doesn’t want to hurt his wife” (that train already left the station, buddy…) and she writes “what about hurting ME?” Oh yes, it’s all equivalent. Seriously? Your four-fuck festival gets the same moral weight as this guy’s 20 year marriage, mortgage and children investment? If you need any further evidence that cheating is about dim-witted narcissism, read the self serving blather of the Other Woman scorned.