So, I was going to decode the other part of the inexorable piece of crap “12 Lessons I Learned from Cheating” by Parker Barrett today. But I decided to spare you. Spoiler alert — it’s not what she did, it’s your reaction (judgement) that’s the problem. Which pretty much sums up any dealings with disordered fuckwits — don’t use your judgement. Swallow the bullshit and we’re all good here.
Bullshit such as, it’s impossible to end relationships honestly!
“I think affairs can be really useful, because let’s face it, life is fucking scary, and it’s hard to make big changes all by yourself.”
Yes, Parker, life is fucking scary. Especially when the person you trusted most pulls the rug out from under your world. You’re called upon to make some big changes all by yourself.
So Chump Nation — what were those changes? What did YOU learn from cheating? Give me a list. It can be 12 or 2, or 27 items.
- If I’m finished with you? I’m really not to be fucked with.
- I have a great capacity for forgiveness. I tried to reconcile. (But give me another D-Day? See item #1.)
- I’m so much stronger than I ever knew.
- With some help, I can move out of a 3,500 square foot house in under 3 hours and turn off utilities.
- That I can do my job even in times of terrible crisis. I’ll still show up.
- That yes, children are resilient. They shouldn’t have to be, but over time, they are. Be the sane parent.
- It’s super hard some days to be the sane parent.
- There’s a good life on the other side and I built it.
- Who my friends really are and who’s a waste of space.
- That I could love again.